Focus on the DETAILS
Certification Course Electives
Click the tab below for a brief overview of each elective course (Channel Training for Retail, Alliances, SaaS or Direct Sales). You’ll have an option to add your elective at the time you enroll in a main course, or click the orange button now to enroll in a specific add-on elective.
You’ll learn the specific differences for a SaaS product in the channel, including:
- Define your model. You’ll review traditional vs SaaS models, including the difference between affiliates, referrals, levels and even OEM. Plus, which elements of a partner program apply and which do not.
- Distributors. Why you don’t need a traditional distributor, but you may want to consider a SaaS specific distributor and market place. Plus, how they add value and what to look for.
- Pricing & Margins. SaaS products use a different pricing model. You’ll learn how to set your SaaS pricing, but also how to determine your SaaS margin including how much to pay, over what period to pay, who collects and who pays who and how quick to pay. You’ll see multiple examples and models making it easy to determine exactly where to set your margin.
- Recruiting. Learn how to find the right partners, how to contact and recruit them. You’ll also learn what they like and don’t like to see and elements that are critical to a SaaS partner.
- Affiliate Setup. If you refer only, you don’t need all the elements of a typical partner program. But you will need to consider form-based, vs affiliate software-based. Plus, select the right affiliate software, get it setup, getting connected to your shopping cart or referral page and more.
- Configure Program. You’ll review levels, payouts, policies, margins (and how to determine), the agreement, plus unique content (depending on product type and price point. You’ll create referral text, testimonials (tips), banner ads (or not), videos, sample landing pages (SEO), and applicable collateral.
- Affiliate Recruiting. How to identify the top market segments, associations, blogs, trade pubs, forums, plus the trick to get on the top of the major 50 directories, email campaigns and recruiting waves.
- Enablement. Which affiliates to avoid, how to get links, landing pages, videos and banners setup. Plus, creating special webinars and events for affiliates to announce, newsletters, affiliate recognition and more.
The course is very hands on and we’ll enter systems, view samples and screens. The online version will contain videos of PowerPoint, but also tactical setup in other systems.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQ
Is there a group discount?
Yes. Chanimal University offers the following group discounts for courses enrolled from the same company at the same time (percentage discount off the group total):
- 3 – 5 people. 20% discount.
- 6 – 10 people. 25% discount.
- 11 – 25 people. 30% discount.
- 26 and above. 35% discount.
Please Contact Us for additional questions and to get the group purchase coupon code–or we can process it internally since each person requires their own access code, login, and certificate credential details.
How do the courses compare to each other?
Click HERE to download a PDF that shows how the MAIN courses compare to each other.
What is the ROI for Certification?
ROI for Certification
The easiest way to justify the cost for training is to role the numbers:
- Assuming after just one course, you are able to hire or re-activate just ONE new reseller because of what you learn
- They sell just one new customer every quarter = 4 customers per year
- You have a SaaS application & the avg deal size is $100/month – that’s $1,200 per year x avg 2.5 years per customer = $3,000 revenue per sale
- So the single reseller is worth 4 sales, or $12,000 per year
- If the avg reseller stays onboard for five years = then you make $60,000 lifetime revenue for every reseller
- If your cost for the initial Certification course is $2,000 – then you get a 30x return!
- If you are able to hire 100 new resellers (many trained channel manages go on to recruit hundreds if not thousands of new partners), instead of just one, with what you’ve learned? That 60k x 100 – $6 million in revenue for a $2k investment. That is a 300 x return!
- For comparison, in a software company, with a 20% gross margin–you need a 5x return on your marketing promotions to get your money back and break even. If we compare your channel return to a display ad, we realize that many ads only generate a 2.3x return. Even a good ad will typically only generate a 13x return (so 300 x return is one of the highest ROI you will ever get).
The return for channel programs overall is the highest ROI of any marketing activity–so any investment in training typically gets incredible returns. You may want to use this example when trying to convince your management to invest in your training.
What if I don’t pass the test? Can I re-take it.
Yes. Once you pay for the course you have access to the system and materials for 12 months (access to the course resources for life). You can re-take the test as many times as needed until you know the material well enough to pass the test.
Please contact us if there are unusual circumstances and you need more time.
How do I get a refund if I’m not happy?
100% Money-Back Guarantee – No Risk
Any course from Chanimal University includes a rock solid 30-day money back satisfaction guarantee as long as you have not completed more than 50% of the course. You must request a refund within 30 days from the day you enrolled. Your refund will be returned in the same manner as your original payment (typically PayPal, VISA, etc.).
Contact Us if you are not completely satisfied for any reason for a full no-hassle refund.
How does Chanimal University compare to other channel courses?
There are only a few groups that do training—although one is a light add-on to their direct sales training, and four of them white label their channel training through Chanimal—the keeper of industry best-practices for over 20 years.
How Does It Compare?
A relatively recent company is the Channel Institute by Michael Kelly. His classes are for “those new to channel management, or those moving into a channel management role for the first time.” He is a nice guy, has well-produced videos with some nice graphics, and his courses are mainly online and non-interactive.
His class description specifically states, “Our focus is on entry-level training for channel management and channel marketing.” It says it dovetails into more advanced training and consulting.
Chanimal University is the most advanced channel training. It covers introductory to ADVANCED channel management, channel sales, and channel marketing. It would be equivalent to a bachelor’s, masters, and finally a PHD in channel management–with the certification, the pro, and the instructor levels (plus electives to drill-down into vertical tactics). It is MUCH more in-depth and includes both the strategy and hands-on tactics. It also cross-trains your team across multiple channel types (since many companies cover from retail to SaaS to Enterprise).
One highly experienced and industry-reknown channel manager, having seen multiple courses commented while taking the course, “This far surpasses what CompTIA, CRN, AchieveUnite, Trailhead and others have – by an order of magnitude.”
After he finished the course, he wrote, “This was a fantastic course. An absolute mountain of information and orders of magnitude more depth and breadth than I have seen in the market.”
Trained over Ten Thousand Channel Managers
In addition, Chanimal University has trained over ten thousand channel managers (versus a few hundred)–often up to 150 at a time in 3-day workshops (including training some of the most senior channel leadership in the industry) live on-site and remotely worldwide over the last two decades.
Chanimal University training has been used to create, define, recruit and build some of the most successful channel programs from some of the largest brands in the world in almost every market and channel segment (Apple, Microsoft, Adobe, Citrix, Sony, Intel, Epson, Motorola, GE, Netscape, Big commerce, AOL, Survey Monkey, IBM, Disney, Red Storm, Corel, Aldus, AMF, NEC, Canon, Novel, Toshiba, Lotus, and hundreds more).
The cost is similar, but Chanimal University is the world’s first, #1 Best-Selling certification training, is MUCH more “been there, done that,” as the industry gold standard, accredited by the Channel Advisory Council, and is taught by one of the most seasoned and successful channel professionals in the entire industry (aka, “Chanimal” short for channel animal), and now… it is available online.
Welcome to Chanimal University!