I am on an amazing journey of discovery..as we design our reseller channel program.
…has given us a dramatic head-start in setting up a competitive reseller program.
“We had a $275 million DELTA sales increase the following quarter after training.”
Course Outline – Channel Sales Manager Training
1) Channel Sales
- Roles of channel sales & channel marketing
- Industry terminology – level-set team
- Channel overview (by channel type)
- Knowing your channel program
- Agreements, policies, process
- Know partner orientation process – decide involvement
2) Aligning Management & Hiring Your Team
- Training Sr. Management, setting expectations
- Your channel type and needs – vertical vs horizontal, retail, SMB, enterprise
- Job description & Requirements
- Comp plan – Industry Best Practice
- Territory setup – new vs existing
- Dividing Inside Direct sales vs Channel Sales
- Recruiting channel sales
3) Essential Channel Sales Training On-boarding (new and existing)
- Orientation & Timelines
- Product & company knowledge – positioning, matrix, features
- Channel Sales training orientation for new channel person
- Understanding your own channel program
- Portal, agreement, policies, support, promos, timelines
- Partner follow-up worksheet – channel marketing w/sales
- Portal demo script & Persuasive format
- Product demo script, presentation skills, master and tested
- Sales & product training, objections, generating a quote
4) Systems & Processes
- CRM – How to Leverage it
- PRM – if applicable
- Portal – how to demo (channel marketing manages)
- Process: Lead management, tracking, status, HR policies
- Analytics – tracking
5) Recruiting Partners
- How to Re-launch new program
- Resurrecting existing partners (basics)
- Partner profile – Ideal Reseller Profile (competitor’s partners)
- Database – channel marketing should setup
- Recruiting smaller and vertical resellers
- Recruiting Top Ten largest resellers
- International differences (caution – exclusivity)
- Alternative channels – recruiting basics
- Calling: hard-to-catch, warm and cold list calling
- Phone Dialogues, Follow-up & Closing
6) Partner On-boarding & Enablement
- Channel Marketing / Channel Sales – how to split roles
- Partner follow up Worksheet – channel marketing, channel sales
- Partner Quotas – standard quotas by level
- Monthly partner plan & promotions – with Channel Marketing/Sales
- Jointly manage co-op, MDF with channel marketing
- Setup regional Promo Calendar
7) Territory Management
- Policies – reports, meetings
- Account management – virtual partner management
- Typical Schedule – Pain Relieving Work
- Channel Sales Management
- Situational Leadership
- Game of Work – Sales by the Numbers
- One Minute Manager – your teams & partners
- Baseline Goal Setting – with Channel Mgrs & Partners
- Deal Registration – follow up
- Lead follow-up, assistance, co-assigning
- Joint Calls & Identify Accounts
- Field Coaching – High sales ratios first (or mess them up)
- Model Calls
- Emotional Bank Accounts – Utility to Friendship
- Motivation – What Works
- Jointly setup Spiffs, contest, specials
8) Sales Skills – Can’t coach if you can’t sell
- Know how to sell your own product – some success
- Must know ratios, increase personal skill (so can coach channel)
- Soft Skills – Situational Selling – Channel Sales Training
- Hard Skills
- Pre-Approach, Prospecting, Approaches – That WORK
- Appointments & The Setup
- Presentation Skills & Personalized Demos
- Demo Mechanics & Group Presentations
- Dress for Success
- 3rd Person Selling – when to use
- Price Savings Build-up
- Closing Techniques, Keeping it Closed, Advanced Closing
- Overcoming Objections
- Sales Resources
9) Operations & Ratios
- Sales Forecasting units/partner/direct vs indirect
- Budgeting – based on sales, regional MDF
- Weekly Reports – Managing by the numbers
- Territory quotas
- Partner quotas – existing, when to setup, how to split
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQ
Is there a group discount?
Yes. Chanimal University offers the following group discounts for courses enrolled from the same company at the same time (percentage discount off the group total):
- 3 – 5 people. 20% discount.
- 6 – 10 people. 25% discount.
- 11 – 25 people. 30% discount.
- 26 and above. 35% discount.
Please Contact Us for additional questions.
What is the ROI for Certification?
ROI for Certification
The easiest way to justify the cost for training is to role the numbers:
- Assuming after just one course, you are able to hire or re-activate just ONE new reseller because of what you learn
- They sell just one new customer every quarter = 4 customers per year
- You have a SaaS application & the avg deal size is $100/month – that’s $1,200 per year x avg 2.5 years per customer = $3,000 revenue per sale
- So the single reseller is worth 4 sales, or $12,000 per year
- If the avg reseller stays onboard for five years = then you make $60,000 lifetime revenue for every reseller
- If your cost for the initial Certification course is $2,000 – then you get a 30x return!
- If you are able to hire 100 new resellers (many trained channel manages go on to recruit hundreds if not thousands of new partners), instead of just one, with what you’ve learned? That 60k x 100 – $6 million in revenue for a $2k investment. That is a 300 x return!
- For comparison, in a software company, with a 20% gross margin–you need a 5x return on your marketing promotions to get your money back and break even. If we compare your channel return to a display ad, we realize that many ads only generate a 2.3x return. Even a good ad will typically only generate a 13x return (so 300 x return is one of the highest ROI you will ever get).
The return for channel programs overall is the highest ROI of any marketing activity–so any investment in training typically gets incredible returns. You may want to use this example when trying to convince your management to invest in your training.
What if I don’t pass the test? Can I re-take it.
Yes. Once you pay for the course you have access to the system and materials for 12 months (access to the course resources for life). You can re-take the test as many times as needed until you know the material well enough to pass the test.
Please contact us if there are unusual circumstances and you need more time.
How do I get a refund if I’m not happy?
100% Money-Back Guarantee – No Risk
Any course from Chanimal University includes a rock solid 30-day money back satisfaction guarantee as long as you have not completed more than 50% of the course. You must request a refund within 30 days from the day you enrolled. Your refund will be returned in the same manner as your original payment (typically PayPal, VISA, etc.).
Contact Us if you are not completely satisfied for any reason for a full no-hassle refund.
How do the courses compare to each other?
Click HERE to download a PDF that shows how the MAIN courses compare to each other.
How does Chanimal University compare to other channel courses?
There are only a few groups that do training—although one is a light add-on to their direct sales training, and four of them white label their channel training through Chanimal—the keeper of industry best-practices for over 20 years.
How Does It Compare?
A relatively recent company is the Channel Institute by Michael Kelly. His classes are for “those new to channel management, or those moving into a channel management role for the first time.” He is a nice guy, has well-produced videos with some nice graphics, and his courses are mainly online and non-interactive.
His class description specifically states, “Our focus is on entry-level training for channel management and channel marketing.” It says it dovetails into more advanced training and consulting.
Chanimal University is the most advanced channel training. It covers introductory to ADVANCED channel management, channel sales, and channel marketing. It would be equivalent to a bachelor’s, masters, and finally a PHD in channel management–with the certification, the pro, and the instructor levels (plus electives to drill-down into vertical tactics). It is MUCH more in-depth and includes both the strategy and hands-on tactics. It also cross-trains your team across multiple channel types (since many companies cover from retail to SaaS to Enterprise).
Trained over Ten Thousand
In addition, Chanimal University has trained over ten thousand channel managers (versus a few hundred)–often up to 150 at a time in 3-day workshops (including training some of the most senior channel leadership in the industry) live on-site and remotely worldwide over the last two decades.
Chanimal University training has been used to create, define, recruit and build some of the most successful channel programs from some of the largest brands in the world in almost every market and channel segment (Apple, Microsoft, Adobe, Citrix, Sony, Intel, Epson, Motorola, GE, Netscape, Big commerce, AOL, Survey Monkey, IBM, Disney, Red Storm, Corel, Aldus, AMF, NEC, Canon, Novel, Toshiba, Lotus, and hundreds more).
The cost is similar, but Chanimal University is the world’s first, #1 Best-Selling certification training, is MUCH more “been there, done that,” as the industry gold standard, accredited by the Channel Advisory Council, and is taught by one of the most seasoned and successful channel professionals in the entire industry (aka, “Chanimal” short for channel animal), and now… it is available online.
Welcome to Chanimal University!