Channel Marketing Coordinator
Reports to: Channel Marketing Manager
The Channel Marketing Coordinator reports to the Channel Marketing Manager to jointly increase channel sell-through. Channel Sales ensures sell-in, Channel Marketing ensures channel sell-through. This sell-through is accomplished through managing store, VAR and distributor promotions (spiffs, contest, rebates, specials, training, promotions, etc.), ensuring proper merchandising, ensuring adequate stocking levels and running reseller education, contest, motivation and seeding programs. This person is also part of the Acme Software marketing team and participates with Product Marketing, PR, and Advertising to ensure that the specific reseller needs are met.
Tracking & Analysis
- Responsible for recording and tracking MDF funds between sell-in and sell-through.
- Establish a system to generate a report of sales by account with ROI by the 10th of each month.
- Track and report the sales of competitive products within the channel each month.
- Responsible for general administrative work related to the Channel Marketing team.
Promotions & Programs
- Work with the Channel Marketing Manager to execute and fulfill all of the committed sell-through programs submitted by Channel Sales.
- Help coordinate the annual reseller conference.
- Help manage the reseller training and certification program.
- Ensure that all stores are properly merchandised and detailed.
- Manage the reseller NFR seeding program.
Recruiting & Materials
- Maintain communication between the company and the resellers via E-mail, the Web site, and letters. Also help with contest and promotions.
- Help ensure that the reseller support section on the Web site is up-to-date.
- Help coordinate the programs to educate resellers on Acme Software products (reseller trade shows, reseller regional shows, direct or video training, manage the training groups, etc.).
Knowledge & Skills
This person must possess, or obtain, an intimate knowledge of every reseller and distributor type and category. He/She must learn what type of promotions are available and effective for each reseller and distributor within the channel. He/She must also learn who the customer is, how to sell and demonstrate the product and must have the potential to train other people to sell the product. He/She must learn the “persuasive format” for demo scripts, the intricacies of retail merchandising, the motivation behind promotions, and the use and construction of collateral materials. He/She must be very thorough detail and completion oriented and able to coordinate several projects simultaneous. This individual must be motivated to become a company expert in how the channel works and must either possess or be eager to obtain the required knowledge.
Experience preferred but training is available in the form of seminars, industry books and individualized instruction.