Reports to: Director, MarCom
The WebMaster is responsible for creating an exciting worldwide presence for Acme Software Corporation via the Internet. As a member of the Marketing team, this person will interact and act as a service agency to meet the online needs for PR, Advertising, Product Marketing, Channel Marketing, Event Marketing, and International Marketing. In addition, attention will be given to meet the needs of Tech support, Product Management, and Inside Sales.
- Create a corporate image home page and keep it updated with news, awards and promotions.
- Map and plan the site to ensure the most effective plan-o-gram. Measure the page statistics and ensure visitors are going where intend.
- Create and maintain online news groups.
- Ensure Acme Software has regular promotions to encourage repeat site traffic.
- Encourage online registration.
- Personalize the site with photos and personality.
- Consistently update all major Internet search list to ensure Acme is properly referenced.
Department Specific Duties
- Work with PR to create an inviting press room with online press clippings, PR case studies, solution examples and third party support.
- Ensure that all recent press hits are listed.
- Create and maintain a reseller section including
- A reseller lookup database
- Online collateral
- Case studies
- Remote product demos
- Online certification and testing (if applicable)
- Product selling tips of the month/week, etc.
- Ensure that leads are properly captured from the Web site and routed to the respective sales people.
- Enable online transactions.
- Set up tracking pages that compliment the ads and count hits from each ad campaign.
- Maintain the master online calendar.
- Include photos of recent shows.
- Create links to shows.
- Maintain an auto-generating product comparison chart.
- Maintain the product collateral sections.
Strategic Marketing Alliances
- Update and promote banner ads among our partners.
- Ensure we maintain links between our partners.
- Post samples of “Mastering Acme Software” newsletter.
- Run cross-site promotions.
- Add and maintain a download section which has updates, third party products, demos, etc.
- Compile and publish site statistics. Maintain a data research section with web stats, demographics, most requested features, etc.
- Create a Top Ten product wish list with an automatic report that is posted on an internal web page.
- Post quarterly FYI newsletters.
- List our International distributors with links to their Web sites.
- Create a multilingual online section for specific segments.
Knowledge & Skills
The ideal Webmaster candidate is market savvy and understands the strategical importance of an effective marketing Web site. He/she can also program effectively in HTML, Java, and other needed disciplines, and has excellent graphical taste–with either the capability to design, or the eye to approve designs that match the corporate image. In addition, this person is service oriented and understands that his/her roll will be in both servicing the online needs of the marketing department and in proactively marketing, developing and improving the Web site. This person is able to take direction as needed, work independently, yet also use initiative. As the keeper of the site this person is highly trusted and is a team player. At least 1-2 years experience preferred in Web site development as either the team leader or as an assistant. PC experience preferred.