Media Clipping Services
Following is a list of services that can help you track your PR hits (the most well-known used to be Bacon’s and Burrelle’s):
- Google Alerts (https://www.google.com/alerts). Free and pulls all major online searches. The obvious first choice for online clipping services (it does not generate full reports and analytics and there are complaints that it is not real-time, even when selected.
- AirCheck News Taping ( www.airchecknews.com ) is a full-service broadcast monitor providing national and local news segments and reports.
- Burrelle’s Information Services ( http://burrelles.com ) is a premier monitoring service for quick and comprehensive print, broadcast, and Internet information.
- ConfirMedia ( www.confirmedia.com ) monitors content broadcast on radio and television.
- CustomScoop ( www.customscoop.com ) is an online agency delivering a daily customized clipping service that draws from online editions of major wires and daily papers, TV and radio stations, smaller daily and weekly newspapers, magazines, trade journals, and new media publications. Free trial available.
- CyberAlert is now Glean ( www.glean.info ) offers fully automated Internet monitoring and clipping of content in web publications, sites, message boards, and newsgroups.
- Mediatrack ( www.mediatrack.co.uk/ ) provides international media evaluation, analysis, and measurement, campaign evaluation, competitor analysis, and media research nationally or globally.
Of course, as mentioned above, one of the easiest to use (and it is FREE) is GoogleAlerts. It doesn’t seem to capture everything, but takes minutes to set up and again–the price is good.
Here is a blog (opens in its own window) that talks more about 20 of the best free and paid online clipping services.
12109 Lake Stone Dr
Austin, TX 78738
Click HERE to Email