I am on an amazing journey of discovery..as we design our reseller channel program.
…has given us a dramatic head-start in setting up a competitive reseller program.
“We had a $275 million DELTA sales increase the following quarter after training.”
Course Outline – Channel Marketing Training
1) Channel Marketing – Company/Product/Channel
- Roles of channel sales & channel marketing
- Industry terminology – level-set team
- Channel overview (by channel type)
- Channel Marketing job description & requirements
- General Marketing vs Channel Marketing (not product, naming, corp – but holistic)
- Channel Marketing – comp plan models
- Bandwidth resources – internal & interns (ads, qualifications, interviews)
2) Program and Policy Creation – Best Practice – Setup
- Define channel program – applicable elements
- Reseller Agreements
- Distributor Agreements
- Leads & form
- MDF / Co-op & form
- Reseller locator
- Deal Registration & form
- NFR – SaaS, Software, Hardware, plus Reseller Recommendation Rate
- Promotions – details
3) Channel Content – Separate Tactical Modules
- Positioning Overview – Creative approaches
- Competitive matrix product – Fastest Approach
- Create Feature-Based Positioning
- Persuasive Document – Articulating Positioning
- Naming, branding, tag-lines (if not done already)
- PowerPoint – Five stages & Types
- 25/50/100 word description
- Market Information
- White papers
- Case Studies
- Product Videos
- Landing Page – SEO keywords, setup
- Testimonials – How to Get, Leverage
- Product Demo Script
- Pricing – How to, Format (complete if not done)
- Determine Margins
- Finalize how to pay
- NFR – how to deliver
- Logo Usage Guidelines
- Portal / Orientation demo script
4) Systems & Processes
- CRM – selection & setup
- PRM – selection – what to look at each channel stage
- Forms – testing, captcha, maps, email notifications setup
- Marketing Automation
- Email systems
- Email process
- Email cleaning & verification
- Database / Excel cleaning systems
- Database management
- Web push notification
- Configurators & Price Calculators
- Database sources
- LMS Systems
- Resources: Data scraping, WordPress help
- Form creation
- Integration -portal with CRM/marketing automation
5) Mass Recruiting
- Roles: Channel marketing mass, Channel Sales one-on-one
- Building the database – sources above
- US vs International recruiting – watch for exclusivity
- Direct response – email campaign (send, clean, reply, repeat)
- Direct response – postcards, telemarketing outsource/train sales
- PR – press release, channel contacts, channel awards
- Newsletter Sponsorship
- Ads – reseller publications
- Distributor events & emails (if applicable)
- Reseller trade shows
- Rep firms, matchmaking – retail, but also VARs
- Affiliate networks – if applicable (SaaS)
- Roadshows – Alliances
- Alliance cross-marketing to partners, prospects
- Recruiting Phone dialogs – for Sales
- Telemarketing – hire or internal (Channel Sales)
- Follow-Up Worksheet – Process – Block & Tackle
- Setup & Approval
- Orientation meeting
- Marketing Meeting – Agenda Process – Change Roles (Regional Marketing)
- Landing Page setup, test, revise
- Email campaign – template
- Events – lunch and learns
- Syndicated Content
- Lead referral template – lead dissemination
- Create promotional calendar – master
- Joint partner promotions & MDF – local, regional, national
- Setup Partner Promotions, Spiffs, Contests
- Newsletters – what to include, approach
- Thank you responses
- Resources: partner promotional groups
7) Advanced Partner Marketing
- Identify top 5 partners in each region to help – create plan of action (build their business with your product)
- Partner Assessment
- Partner positioning – what makes them unique
- Create high-level matrix, Persuasive format, 3-5 reasons to buy
- Articulate on website & Optimize for leads
- Devise marketing promotions to build their business
8) Product Training – Certification
- Demo script, detailed product training to script, training for questions and support
- LMS – sales, basic product, advanced product, certification
- Define certification training (product, support, marketing, sales)
- Create training materials – use LMS system
- Training follow-up Worksheet
- Organize help desk, partner support
9) Setup/Refine program & levels, quotas, certification
- Ratios, Timelines, Tracking, Benchmarking, Analytics & Reporting
- Annual partner conference
- Create reseller partner council & setup calendar
- Setup 360 review survey – compile, modify program
- Review channel metrics and sales
- Review break points & setup/update quotas (in conjunction with sales)
10) Channel Operations
- Sales forecasting meeting (compile data) – with Channel Sales
- Channel budget
- Industry ratios, ROI
11) Resources (for Channel Marketing Training)
- Rep Firms – Retail to System Integrators
- Research & Publications
- Reseller Training
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQ
Is there a group discount?
Yes. Chanimal University offers the following group discounts for courses enrolled from the same company at the same time (percentage discount off the group total):
- 3 – 5 people. 20% discount.
- 6 – 10 people. 25% discount.
- 11 – 25 people. 30% discount.
- 26 and above. 35% discount.
Please Contact Us for additional questions and to get the group purchase coupon code–or we can process it internally since each person requires their own access code, login, and certificate credential details.
How do the courses differ from each other?
Click HERE to download a PDF that shows how the MAIN courses compare to each other.
What is the ROI for Certification?
ROI for Certification
The easiest way to justify the cost for training is to role the numbers:
- Assuming after just one course, you are able to hire or re-activate just ONE new reseller because of what you learn
- They sell just one new customer every quarter = 4 customers per year
- You have a SaaS application & the avg deal size is $100/month – that’s $1,200 per year x avg 2.5 years per customer = $3,000 revenue per sale
- So the single reseller is worth 4 sales, or $12,000 per year
- If the avg reseller stays onboard for five years = then you make $60,000 lifetime revenue for every reseller
- If your cost for the initial Certification course is $2,000 – then you get a 30x return!
- If you are able to hire 100 new resellers (many trained channel manages go on to recruit hundreds if not thousands of new partners), instead of just one, with what you’ve learned? That 60k x 100 – $6 million in revenue for a $2k investment. That is a 300 x return!
- For comparison, in a software company, with a 20% gross margin–you need a 5x return on your marketing promotions to get your money back and break even. If we compare your channel return to a display ad, we realize that many ads only generate a 2.3x return. Even a good ad will typically only generate a 13x return (so 300 x return is one of the highest ROI you will ever get).
The return for channel programs overall is the highest ROI of any marketing activity–so any investment in training typically gets incredible returns. You may want to use this example when trying to convince your management to invest in your training.
What if I don’t pass the test? Can I re-take it.
Yes. Once you pay for the course you have access to the system and materials for 12 months (access to the course resources for life). You can re-take the test as many times as needed until you know the material well enough to pass the test.
Please contact us if there are unusual circumstances and you need more time.
How do I get a refund if I’m not happy?
100% Money-Back Guarantee – No Risk
Any course from Chanimal University includes a rock solid 30-day money back satisfaction guarantee as long as you have not completed more than 50% of the course. You must request a refund within 30 days from the day you enrolled. Your refund will be returned in the same manner as your original payment (typically PayPal, VISA, etc.).
Contact Us if you are not completely satisfied for any reason for a full no-hassle refund.
How does Chanimal University compare to other channel courses?
There are only a few groups that do training—although one is a light add-on to their direct sales training, and four of them white label their channel training through Chanimal—the keeper of industry best-practices for over 20 years.
How Does It Compare?
A relatively recent company is the Channel Institute by Michael Kelly. His classes are for “those new to channel management, or those moving into a channel management role for the first time.” He is a nice guy, has well-produced videos with some nice graphics, and his courses are mainly online and non-interactive.
His class description specifically states, “Our focus is on entry-level training for channel management and channel marketing.” It says it dovetails into more advanced training and consulting.
Chanimal University is the most advanced channel training. It covers introductory to ADVANCED channel management, channel sales, and channel marketing. It would be equivalent to a bachelor’s, masters, and finally a PHD in channel management–with the certification, the pro, and the instructor levels (plus electives to drill-down into vertical tactics). It is MUCH more in-depth and includes both the strategy and hands-on tactics. It also cross-trains your team across multiple channel types (since many companies cover from retail to SaaS to Enterprise).
Trained over Ten Thousand
In addition, Chanimal University has trained over ten thousand channel managers (versus a few hundred)–often up to 150 at a time in 3-day workshops (including training some of the most senior channel leadership in the industry) live on-site and remotely worldwide over the last two decades.
Chanimal University training has been used to create, define, recruit and build some of the most successful channel programs from some of the largest brands in the world in almost every market and channel segment (Apple, Microsoft, Adobe, Citrix, Sony, Intel, Epson, Motorola, GE, Netscape, Big commerce, AOL, Survey Monkey, IBM, Disney, Red Storm, Corel, Aldus, AMF, NEC, Canon, Novel, Toshiba, Lotus, and hundreds more).
The cost is similar, but Chanimal University is the world’s first, #1 Best-Selling certification training, is MUCH more “been there, done that,” as the industry gold standard, accredited by the Channel Advisory Council, and is taught by one of the most seasoned and successful channel professionals in the entire industry (aka, “Chanimal” short for channel animal), and now… it is available online.
Welcome to Chanimal University!